Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1/1/10

Out with the Old in with the New!

Well it is hard to believe that it is already 2010, time really goes by quickly! This past year was a year full of blessings and sadness. The biggest blessing this year was to find out in June that Ford and I were expecting our first child. I also started a new job this year assisting in the opening of The Woodlands at Furman and that has been an experience. We have also had our share of difficult times this year with the loss of Ford's cousin Holly and Ford losing his job at the beginning of December. As we are getting ready for this new year I am appreciative of what the Lord has blessed us with. The Lord has been so faithful to Ford and me and he has always been there to pick us up when we were down. I am also thankful for having such a supportive husband who puts up with my crying spells and constant tiredness lately. Ford is so sweet to me and the best part of all is he doesn't judge me. I have learned recently that I have to quit trying to please everyone in my life and to just focus on pleasing the Lord, Ford and myself. Ford has always supported me and reassures me how proud he is of me which is always nice to hear. I am thankful to have a good support system in our family and know that Lily is fortunate in her grandparents and fortunate to have a great-grandparent. As this year ends I am setting goals for this next year beginning with growing closer to the Lord and being more aware of His voice. I am also excited about the journey of parenthood we are about to embark on and my goal is to be the type of mother the Lord wishes for me to be. I want to be a better person this year and teach that to Lily. Thank you all for your support and continued prayers as we continue our journey.

3 comments:

the slatten's said...

sooo good to see y'all today!!! we're on the "home stretch" now. love ya!!!

franklins said...

I love you Stephanie! You've always been a good person and I'm proud to call you my cousin even though I feel you're more like my sister! Lily couldn't ask for a better mother that you. When I see you, you glow. When you talk about her, you light up. You're truly a wonderful mother already and don't even know it. I pray everything turns out great and if you need anything I'm here just call me! And yes tell Ford that Lily couldn't have anyone better for a daddy than him too and that I thank him for loving you and treating you soooo good! Love you both!!

Stephanie and Ford said...

Thank you Angel I love you so much and have always thought of you as a sister!